Each week, the Filles bring you some of our favourite films finds of the week—news, reviews, features, interviews, tweets, new releases, etc.—just in case you missed them.
REEL GREAT READS
- ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ prologue audience reaction: Frantic excitement, followed by the sound of silence (EW) – What’s better than Tom Cruise jumping off of the Burj Kahlifa in Dubai? Six minutes of The Dark Knight Rises.
- 30 Greatest Dark Knight Rises Posters (Total Film) – While we’re on that note, check out these amazingly creative posters. Can this movie be any more awesome?
- Toronto Film Critics Name ‘The Tree of Life’ Best Movie of the Year (The Hollywood Reporter) – The Tree of Life is a strange movie, to say that least. But strange can be good. And most critics seemed to agree, including the Toronto Film Critics Association. The Artist and The Descendants made for close competition.
- Interview with Diablo Cody (A.V. Club) – Diablo Cody talks about Sweet Valley High, wearing onesies to sleep and how Charlize Theron’s character in Young Adult might be even more disturbing than her serial killer character in Monster.
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter Poster Debuts (IGN) – Yes, it’s really happening. The mash-up novel of the former prez leading a secret life as a vampire hunter is becoming a movie. And I can’t help but love the poster.
- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy – An espionage thriller set in the 70s with what looks like amazing cinematography and sounds like one of the most dramatic soundtracks ever.
- Young Adult – From the writer and director of Juno, the story of a teen lit writer who still hasn’t really made it through adolescence and chases a high school fantasy.
TRAILER OF THE WEEK: Casa de mi Padre
This looks absurd. In other words, this looks amazing.