Each week, the Filles bring you some of our favourite films finds of the week—news, reviews, features, interviews, tweets, new releases, etc.—just in case you missed them.
REEL GREAT READS
- 50 Greatest Lord Of The Rings Moments (Total Film) – If you love LotR, as one of us filles does, you will love this. A quick run through some of our favourite moments in the trilogy amid all the hype about The Hobbit. (But of course, us LotR fans will also watch all three again before December.)
- 5 Big Questions for Movie Geeks in 2012 (Screen Rant) – Very important questions for very nerdy people, including Q’s about The Hobbit, The Avengers and other great and geeky movies.
- Janet McTeer: ‘In the second minute I go bonkers’ (The Guardian) – Get to know Janet McTeer a bit better, cross-dressing alongside Glenn Close in Albert Nobbs, psycho mother communicating with her dead son in The Woman in Black. Seems like we’ll be seeing a lot of her.
- Romcoms: the end of the affair? (The Guardian) – A rundown of rom-coms over the years. Nostalgic if you’re older, disappointing if you’re younger.
- Behind The Scenes Of Inception (Total Film) – Why talk about Inception now? No reason really. But we love Inception, which is always reason enough. This piece looks at Christopher Nolan’s inspiration and ideas behind the mind-warp of a film.
- Interview with Ti West (A.V. Club) – The Innkeepers and The House of the Devil director talks about inspirations, indie horror and not actually believing in ghosts.
- We Need to Talk About Kevin – Because Kevin did something horrific. And maybe his mother is partly to blame. And maybe she never really ever loved him. Tilda Swinton and John C. Reilly star in the drama about what Kevin did and its downward spiralling effect on his mother.
TRAILER OF THE WEEK: Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
Keira Knightly being funny? No way!