The movie: Don’t be mad, I haven’t seen it yet. But it’s sweeping theatres across the world and leaving a frenzy of insanity in its trail, not to mention making Jennifer Lawrence a household name. And it seems so much cooler than Twilight. There’s not much more explanation needed.
The soundtrack: The soundtrack from this film isn’t even in the movie (well, three play during the credits); they’re rather inspired by the film, making them almost a stand-alone work. They’re a mix of folk rock, country and grungy (that’s grungy not grunge) tunes, with a mix of big names and indies. Tracks are haunting and barren, unsettling but also comforting, a beautifully poetic array of tones and themes.
- “Safe and Sound” by Taylor Swift featuring The Civil Wars
- “Daughter’s Lament” by The Carolina Chocolate Drops
- “Run Daddy Run” by Miranda Lambert
- “Kingdom Come” by The Civil Wars
- “Abraham’s Daughter” by Arcade Fire
- “Nothing to Remember” by Neko Case
“Safe and Sound” by Taylor Swift featuring The Civil Wars