BY KENDALL ERICKSON
Date Released: December 14th, 2007
Date Watched: May 26th, 2013
Why Now? Honestly, whenever this movie comes up in conversation amongst friends, family, co-workers, etc, (and it’s weird how often it does come up considering it’s six years old now) I ALWAYS get slammed with a bunch of those “How have you never seen this?!” type of questions. So, I figured it was about time I give in and watch it. It wasn’t very hard; my family had a copy of it in the basement. (Who knew?!)
Why Not Then? 15-year-old me was a huge wimp when it came to horror movies or anything that I felt could be the slightest bit scary. Somehow, I’d convinced myself that this movie fell into that: “Oh no I’m going to have nightmares for weeks if I watch it!” category. Needless to say, I steered clear of it.
- Creepy-looking vampire-type beings that don’t sparkle.
- A scene with a dog that would have me in tears.
- Will Smith being perfect.
- Cool special effects showing a deserted Manhattan.
- A scary movie that would make me pee my pants.
What I Actually Got:
- Really creepy vampire-type beings that don’t sparkle.
- A scene with a dog that made me ball my eyes out.
- Will Smith not only being perfect, but badass, brave, and oh so much more.
- Really, really surprisingly good special effects.
One night in-or second date potential? Definitely second date potential. This is a great movie that really does have something for everyone. It’s an action movie crossed with science fiction crossed with drama. Though I would definitely leave the room during the death scene of the dog, this is a movie I would definitely watch again in a heartbeat.[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewpYq9rgg3w]