BY ARIANA POTICHNYJ
Date Released: August 13, 2010
Date Watched: May 28, 2013
Why now? I guess Obama saw that one guy’s sign at his inaugural speech, because Arrested Development is back. Seeing Michael Cera reprise George Michael Bluth reminded me that I just didn’t see this movie when it came out. Which is strange, because it’s set in my hometown! And I’ve read the comics!
Why not then? You know, I’m not entirely sure. It might have been because I was getting a little tired of Michael Cera being in everything and playing the same character. I also really don’t care for the word “epic”, so there’s also that minor detail.
My expectations were sort of skewed, seeing as I had read the books, but!
- Michael Cera being… well, Michael Cera
- Dorky one-liners
- Quotations that have probably been referenced around me for years and I had no idea where they came from
- A heartwarming ending
- Lots of video game-like situations
What I Actually Got:
- Pretty much what I expected
- Also, my husband (Chris Evans)
- Also, the guy who looks like he could be my brother (Jason Schwartzman)
- Also, Darren Nichols from Slings and Arrows (Don McKellar)
One Night In or Second Date Potential: I have a lot of friends who really love this movie/comic book series. Personally, I couldn’t just sit down and watch this movie over and over again, but it does have a certain weirdness to it that I enjoyed.[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NUBVcit5VM]