BY ASHLEY KOWALEWSKI
Date Released: March 18, 2011
Date Watched: June 20, 2013
Why Now? I love Seth Rogen and he has a pretty cool voice that I can totally appreciate him lending to some animation and I happen to think that Superbad was one of the funniest movies, so why not?
Why Not Then? Apart from the fact that Seth Rogen has his hand in this flick, didn’t (and still doesn’t) seem like my kind of movie. I remember when it came out and it just didn’t interest me.
- Seth Rogen’s awesomely scratchy/raspy (sexy!) voice captured in the body of an animated alien
- Seth Rogen being the only notable actor in the flick (clearly I lived under a rock)
- A kid-friendly, semi-animated comedy about an alien named Paul
What I got:
- Disappointingly, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost from Shaun of the Dead (I may just be the only person on the planet who haaaaaates that movie)
- Sigourney Weaver, Jason Bateman and Bill Hader–what a nice surprise!
- Seth Rogen as an alien–but I mean that in a good way because it’s Seth Rogen in all his glory, swearing and all!
- Sadly not Superbad, but a funnier movie than I expected–it definitely had its high and low points for me
One Night In or Second Date Potential? Maybe not a full-blown second date with dinner and drinks, but I might revisit it again over bagels and coffee.[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZvsP3_t2Sk]