Date released: November 11th, 1994
Date watched: July 3rd, 2013
Why now? I recently found the novel by Anne Rice from which the film is based on, so I figured, may as well give a movie about vampires that don’t sparkle a try. Also, there is new fang-led flick, Byzantium, coming out this week.
Why not then? Well, I was 2. So, pretty sure I was strictly rocking out to Barney & Friends at the time.
- Tom Cruise being annoying.
- Brad Pitt being mildly attractive? Since back in the ’90s, he was apparently a pretty big deal.
- A movie infinitely better than Twilight.
- “Sexy time” with vampires.
What I actually got:
- Tom Cruise actually not making me extremely irritated.
- I stand by my original thoughts on Brad Pitt. He’s not attractive, and he wasn’t in this movie either.
- Then child actor Kirsten Dunst ‘wowing’ me with her performance. Seriously, I always forget that she’s been at this for years.
- Cinematically, a very ‘pretty’ movie.
One night-in stand or second date potential? Second date potential, but only if I’m in the right mood.[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDH7P0qvSMU&w=500&h=300]