BY ASHLEY KOWALEWSKI
Date released: August 7, 2009
Date watched: September 8, 2013
Why now? Because every time I have a conversation with someone about how awesome Joseph Gordon-Levitt is, I immediately get reamed out for never having see this movie. “How have you never seen (500) Days of Summer?!” they ask in shock. Well, I’m sorry. I’m very, very sorry.
Why not then? I don’t really know. I guess it kinda slipped past me when it was released. Zooey Deschanel hadn’t really made it big yet, and we were just starting to see JGL’s potential. I guess it seemed a little indie to me and I’m more mainstream? Again, I’m sorry!!
- A cutesie romc-om with JGL and Zooey Deschanel
- Based on the trailer and synopsis, a very sad-looking JGL
- A happy ending (because I just expect that all the time)
What I actually got:
- A quirky indie-ish kinda vibe that totally works with the cast and the storyline
- A kinda cutesie, sort of depressing romcom with JGL and Zooey Deschanel
- Sympathy heartache and feeling so bad for JGL’s character. I mean, sure she totally gave him the head’s up that she wasn’t into it, but I mean come on, how do you say no to his sweet face?
- One of the sweetest, realistic anti-love stories I’ve ever seen
- Reaffirmation that love happens when you stop looking for it
One night-in stand or second date potential? Second date for sure! This just made the list of movies that I a) need to buy and b) will watch on lazy rainy afternoons when I need a feel-good movie for an emotional pick-me-up.[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsD0NpFSADM]